Learning Area: Social Sciences
Qualification: NCEA Level 2
This Unit Standards based course provides students with an introduction to the tourism and travel industry.
Level 2 Tourism introduces the knowledge and skills required of Level 3 Tourism and Travel in Year 13 and beyond school. It provides a pathway to further training and employment in outbound travel such as travel consultancy or wholesale travel and inbound tourism within the New Zealand tourism industry.
Students who complete this course will be able to demonstrate knowledge of tourist characteristics and needs, the business of tourism, work roles in tourism, New Zealand as a tourist destination and world tourist destinations.
- US 24728 Demonstrate knowledge of work roles in tourism
- US 24729 Demonstrate knowledge of word tourist destinations
- US 24730 Demonstrate knowledge of the business of tourism
- US 24731 Demonstrate knowledge of destination New Zealand
- US 24732 Demonstrate knowledge of tourist characteristics and needs
- US 1277 Communicate information in a specific workplace
- US 2989 Read and assess texts to gain knowledge
External Credits: 9
Internal Credits: There is an expectation that all students who complete the course requirements and associated assessments to gain a minimum of 18 NCEA credits. Up to 25 NCEA credits.
Entry Recommendations: Passion and/or interest in the tourism sector.