Learning Area: Mathematics
Qualification: NCEA Level 2
This course is fully internally assessed. It provides career pathways into the fields of Statistics, Engineering, Science, Health Science, Social Science, and the Arts.
- A/S 2.5 Apply network methods in solving problems (Internal, 2 credits)
- A/S 2.13 Investigate a situation involving elements of chance using a simulation (Internal, 2 credits)
- A/S 2.9 Use statistical methods to make an inference (Internal, 4 credits)
- A/S 2.10 Conduct an experiment to investigate a situation using statistical methods (Internal, 3 credits)
- A/S 2.11 Evaluate a statistically based report (Internal, 2 credits)
- *A/S 2.3 Apply sequences and series in solving problems (Internal, 2 credits)
*Included if time permits
External Credits: N/A
Internal Credits: 15
Literacy: 11 Numeracy: 15
Entry Recommendations: A minimum of 14 NCEA Level 1 credits from L1MATA or L1MAT that includes Numeracy.