Learning Area: English
Qualification: NCEA Level 2
This course has a specific focus on exploring, understanding and evaluating issues and representations in various forms of media. It will also focus on planning, designing and producing a piece of media using a range of conventions.
- Communicate ideas around representation in the media
- Review and analyse media developments
- Understand and be able to communicate and analyse aspects of a Media genre.
- Design and write a variety of media text
- Produce a design for a Media product
- Plan for the production of a Media product
- Produce and Edit a media product
External Credits: 4
Internal Credits: 19
Literacy: 8 Writing and 4 Reading (UE)
Entry Recommendations: At least 10 Level 1 English credits (AS), including two writing based standards