Learning Area: Mathematics
Qualification: NCEA Level 1
This is a fully internally assessed course. It is designed to enable students to gain NCEA Numeracy at Level 1 as well as giving them the mathematical skills required for the workplace.
- A/S 1.1 Apply numeric reasoning in solving problems (Internal, 4 credits)
- A/S 1.5 Apply measurement in solving problems (Internal, 3 credits)
- A/S 1.11 Investigate bivariate numerical data using the statistical enquiry cycle (Internal, 3 credits)
- A/S 1.10 Investigate a given multivariate data set using the statistical enquiry cycle (Internal, 4 credits)
- A/S 1.13 Investigate a situation involving elements of chance (Internal, 3 credits)
- *A/S 1.9 Apply transformation geometry in solving problems (Internal, 2 credits)
*Included if time permits
External Credits: 0
Internal Credits: 19
Literacy: 10 Numeracy 19
Entry Recommendations: The HoLA of Mathematics will be overseeing which learners gain entry into this vocational course. Ideally learners will have demonstrated a range of Level 3/4 mathematical skills that are detailed in the New Zealand Curriculum.