Learning Area: Mathematics
Qualification: NCEA Level 1
This is an intensive course designed to challenge the more able mathematicians. It provides career pathways into the fields of Engineering, Science, Statistics, Health Science, Social Science, and the Arts.
- A/S 1.1 Apply numeric reasoning in solving problems (Internal, 4 credits)
- A/S 1.10 Investigate a given multivariate data set using the statistical enquiry cycle (Internal, 4 credits)
- A/S 1.11 Investigate bivariate numerical data using the statistical enquiry cycle (Internal, 3 credits)
- A/S 1.2 Apply algebraic procedures in solving problems (MCAT External, 4 credits)
- A/S 1.3 Investigate relationships between tables, equations and graphs External, 4 credits)
- A/S 1.4 Apply linear algebra in solving problems (Internal, 3 credits)
- A/S 1.7 Apply right-angled triangles in solving measurement problems (Internal, 3 credits)
External Credits: 8
Internal Credits: 17
Literacy: 11 Numeracy 25
Entry Recommendations: The HoLA of Mathematics will be overseeing which learners gain entry into this academic course. Ideally learners will have demonstrated a range of Level 4/5 mathematical skills that are detailed in the New Zealand Curriculum.