Learning Area: Technology
Qualification: NCEA Level 2
This course is designed as an introduction to working in the hospitality industry. It is considered that students are working in a simulated work environment. The focus at Level 2 is on cookery and food and beverage service. Students have a chance to learn barista skills and work in the school cafe’ / restaurant.
- Food safety in a food business
- Handle and maintain knives
- Cook food by grilling
- Prepare and present salads
- Maintaining personal presentation and greeting customers
- Prepare and clear areas for table service
- Provide table service
- Prepare and serve non-alcoholic drinks
External Credits: N/A
Internal Credits: 24
Entry Recommendations: Priority will be given to students who have completed Level 1 Hospitality.