Learning Area: Technology
Qualification: NCEA Level 1
This course focuses on basic food handling and preparation skills for the hospitality industry. It is a foundation course for those students who are considering a career in the food and hospitality industry, or wish to acquire skills for a part-time or holiday job.
- Career pathways in the hospitality industry.
- Preparing and presenting meat in the hospitality industry.
- Prepare and present fruit and vegetable dishes in the hospitality industry.
- Prepare and present egg and cheese dishes in the hospitality industry.
- Prepare, cook and present seafood in the hospitality industry.
- Demonstrate knowledge of frying and grilling as cookery methods in the commercial catering industry.
- Demonstrate knowledge of terminology used for food and recipes in commercial cookery.
External Credits: N/A
Internal Credits: 23
Entry Recommendations: There are no pre -requisites for this course