Whānau Support: LCŌ Guidance team and other useful contacts
Kia ora koutou. Talofa. Kia Orana. Malo e lelei. Bula. Fakaalofa atu. Namaste and Kumusta. Greetings to our LCŌ Community…
…and particular greetings and warm wishes on this, Day 1, of the new normal, our national lockdown. I have been in contact with a number of staff and students and it is good to know that distance learning is occurring. Go well, everyone.
During this time of the school’s physical closure some families may have need for contact with the Guidance Department. The Guidance team members are available via email or phone call or face time through Google Meet. Phone extensions and emails are as follows:
· Sue Ingle 982 0100 ext 822 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Vicki Tanner 982 0100 ext 821 email@example.com
· Esther Dunstall 982 0100 ext 820 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Tina Hartwell 982 0100 ext 823 email@example.com
Some tips for access:
· If you are able to ring then please leave your return number on the voice message. This will be picked up and returned asap.
· If you have access to email you may request us to ring you through email.
· If you are aware of others needing support who do not have access to email, please contact us on their behalf.
· Don’t hesitate to reach out for support if needed 😊
Some community supports available to you should you need them are:
· Avivia – 0800 28482 669 – Aviva supports people of any age, gender or experience of violence to create safer, healthier personal and family relationships. Still available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
· Christchurch City Mission – 03 365 0635 – is open but working a little differently. People ring for food parcels and it is delivered.
· 24/7 Youth Workers –Manager Alexis Stocks 021 149 0637 (Grace Vineyard Church and Strengthening Linwood Youth Trust) firstname.lastname@example.org
24/7 team are uploading regular content to their Facebook and Instagram social media pages. They are also remaining in touch with their regular students.
· CAF Services: Young People: 0800 218 219. Other outpatient appt: 0800 920092
· Waipuna : https//www.facebook.com/CayadOtutahi/ Community youth and child service
· Parenting Helpline 0800 568 856 – support for parents around all parenting issues.
· Lifeline Helpline 0800 543 354 – free confidential support 24 hours day, 7 days a week
· Youthline: 0800 376 633 – free confidential support 24 hours day, 7 days a week
· Christchurch Central Police Station 40 Lichfield St 03-363 7400
· Sydenham Police Station 154/158 Colombo St 03-363 2500
Safety in the online environment continued
In Update #9 there was information from Netsafe about online safety and I have provided their full contact details below.
I made a mistake in the last update by not including a key part of online safety for children recommended by Netsafe. This is that all video calls (Skype, Google Hangouts, Face Time etc) should be held in a communal area of the house, not, for example, in the student’s bedroom. Online safety experts go further than this and recommend all use of the internet by children be in a communal area. I give out this information because that is what what the experts say but I am also completely aware of the practical difficulties of this.
From Netsafe about how to contact them: https://www.netsafe.org.nz/contactnetsafe/
- Call toll-free on 0508 NETSAFE (0508 638 723)
- Email email@example.com
- Complete an online contact form
- Text ‘Netsafe’ to 4282
Netsafe’s contact centre is available from 8am – 8pm weekdays and 9am – 5pm weekends and public holidays.
The brought-forward holidays start on Saturday but I will put out another communication either within the next 2-3 days or immediately if there is a further update.
Communicating with LCŌ: please contact us if you have any questions. All staff emails are on the school website. If you wish to contact me directly, my email is firstname.lastname@example.org and my phone is 027 6221090.
Richard Edmundson Tumuaki-Principal